Saturday, November 6, 2010

...no monetary value

Since my full time job has no timeclock, no sick pay or paid vacation, not much glory, not enough pats on the back, and no apparent monetary value... not to mention I'm not earning 401k, pension, social security, disability or healthcare... I thought I'd do a little research that you might find interesting or atleast somewhat entertaining. Or you may be thinking, "Really? This is how she spends her time? Phshaw." Either way, I am on a little mission to find out how much a modern day American mother would technically be paid for all her duties, according to http://www.salary.com/ . (keep in mind I took the low end salary with an Associates Degree as my education, of which I do not have- but exceed that in experience value)
  • $33,600- Administrative Assistant
  • $57,200- Home Healthcare Aide
  • $54,000- Project Manager
  • $35,000- Nanny
  • $46,000- Academic Advisor
  • $37,000- Taxi Driver
  • $36,000- Youth Councelor
  • $23,000- Housekeeper
  • $47,000- Party Planner
  • $68,000- Travel Agent
  • $39,000- Personal Cook
Instead of financial security and a retirement safety net, I get to be a wife to an amazing man who loves me for who I am without asking me to change, a mommy to four children whom have been entrusted to my care, a daughter-sister-friend to so many people that I love... all of which I have the freedom to do because of my non-dollar-paying job. I don't know what I would do with all that money anyway :)

No comments: